Utility Expense Management Department
Utility Watch takes RadiusPoint’s Expense Management services to another level. With Utility Watch services, the RadiusPoint team will create a select number of reports that will identify those locations that are trending with higher usage than other locations of the same size. See below for the reporting and services that are included with Utility Watch.
- Monthly Utility Usage Ranking – to determine Top 10 locations that have the highest electric, gas or water usage
- Monthly Meter Usage Analysis – reports all locations meter usage, days of service, Demand multiplier, cost, etc.
- Monthly Budget versus Actual reporting – the team will identify those locations that are exceeding budget amounts. Assistance with setting budgets.
- Monthly Review of locations that can benefit from entering into a fixed rate supplier agreement for locations in deregulated markets.
- Monthly Review of new locations that can move to existing contracts
- Identify trash services that can move to a corporate contract
- Utility Deposit tracking and reporting
- Annual Budget review and assistance with creation during budget timing
- Carbon footprint reporting for EU requirements
- ENERGY STAR Benchmarking and Certification
- Utility data tracking
About ENERGY STAR:
Management of energy is good business because it strengthens the bottom line. In many sectors, well-run energy programs may reduce energy costs by 3 to 10 percent annually. By improving financial performance, superior energy practices can create a competitive edge.
Strong energy management is a strategic asset. Besides reflecting overall management acuity, it can be a sign of future profitability. Financial analysts and investment firms increasingly view the quality of energy management as an indicator of financial performance.
ENERGY STAR helps organizations evaluate their energy performance and reduce energy use. Organizations are encouraged to begin by benchmarking the performance of their properties. Properties that perform in the top 25% compared to their peers nationwide (for certain property types), are eligible to earn ENERGY STAR certification. Properties that earn ENERGY STAR certification consume about 35% less energy than their non-ENERGY STAR counterparts.
What RadiusPoint will do?
- Coordinate with clients Facilities Manager to obtain a master list of locations and square footage.
- Identify locations that could benefit with Energy Star certification.
- Site Comparison reporting upon request
- Monitor usage for fluctuation in energy use.
- Identify locations that could benefit from an Energy Consultant’s or PE (Professional Engineer) onsite visit for evaluation of current energy use including facility lighting and Air Conditioning efficiency.
- Assist in preparing necessary documentation for Energy Star certification.
Additional fees may apply for Energy Star or site visit but will be disclosed before proceeding with services.
The services above expand on your current Expense Management services by analyzing the invoices beyond what is included in the current services. The current Expense Management services allows for the invoices to have a limit set based on a tariff rate or contract rate for the monthly audit. The audit will identify any overages billed and will be reported by the Exceptions team. Limits can also be set based on usage amounts and any amounts billed over the limit will be researched by the Exceptions team. Errors are identified, researched and reported on the weekly Exceptions reporting.
RadiusPoint created the Utility Watch team to enhance the monthly expense management services. RadiusPoint realizes that many of our Client’s do not have the time it takes to efficiently manage the costs and usage of the many meters at their locations. Additionally, while the Business Intelligence reporting is available in RadiusPoint’s proprietary software, ExpenseLogic, most Client’s do not have the time to create the reports and analyze the data. This is where the Utility Watch team will provide your Utility Team with information and recommendations to save money.
Learn more about what RadiusPoint can do for your business.
Managed Services Trash Case Study
Kick Trash Overcharges To The Curb Are you paying attention to your company’s trash costs? Learn how an Eye Glass Retailer/ Manufacturer trusted RadiusPoint to manage their trash services, resulting in over 11% savings and reduced gas usage. Retailer/Manufacturer – Managed Services Case Study…